To guarantee that user accounts are created, updated, removed, and granted appropriate access across many applications or SAAS systems, user provisioning is an identity access management procedure.
Account and access management allows you to provide or deny access to user/employee information, such as name, characteristics, group name, and other related data, depending on your requirements.
Provisioning tools guarantee that user access rights and privileges are kept up to date without the need for human intervention. To prevent hackers from exploiting security holes, provisioning ensures that access is allowed only when it is required, therefore protecting critical corporate data.
For this reason, we can now present you with some pointers for your company’s provisioning tools selection.
Why do we need user provisioning tools?
Using these tools may aid businesses in their daily operations and overall security measures.
Here are some reasons:
- For user management, AD is a common choice. As a result, the HR department will be able to handle user logins and accounts more quickly, correctly, and effectively without the IT department’s involvement.
- You may save time and money by automating any operation, including user administration. This is particularly true if it can all be done from a single control panel.
- Additionally, membership payments may be recouped promptly if an account is deleted.
- By not allowing unhappy ex-employees with active accounts to run havoc on the network, it saves money in the form of indeterminable sums
- Policies are also easier to enforce since actions may be performed based on reports and audits displaying information like harmful attempts, idleness, or privilege misuse.
- User provisioning solutions make it considerably easier for enterprises to comply with the different regulations and compliance standards that exist today.
Features of an exemplary provisioning tool
Consider the following aspects while looking at the best possible user provisioning tool:
- It should be able to give business partners with single sign-on (SSO) and Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) access to applications via a portal functionally identical to the ones that their internal users can use.
- For a user-provisioning solution to be effective, it must be able to manage both employee and customer accounts.
- Customers should be able to use existing social media or other popular platforms (such as Facebook and Google) to register and get access to resources they have been permitted to, such as Facebook and Google.
- Users of all applications and software solutions on a network controlled by directory services like Microsoft AD or Novell eDirectory should be able to access it
- As an administrator, you shouldn’t have any difficulty creating or assigning roles and privileges; this should be a simple process.
- Furthermore, it should support complete process automation, which means that services like user reviews, provisioning, or compliance should be event-driven and need no human intervention as they go through the approval chain.
Things before choosing Provisioning tools
- It should be possible to provide access to apps through a gateway to business associates with several levels of identity management and multi-factor verification, similar to those accessible to insiders.
- On a network managed by file systems, it needs to span the whole firm and be accessible to all users of all programs and software services.
- Employee and client accounts should be handled equally effectively by the tool.
- Additionally, it must have full workflow automation; tasks such as customer review deployment and compliance should all be event-driven and need no human intervention in the approval process.
- Consumers with social media profiles should be able to sign up using either of these accounts and then use the services they’ve been allowed access to.
- Managers should be able to assign rights based on facts rather than assumptions thanks to the usage of analytics.
- It should be easy to install, set up, run, and maintain; the administration team should be able to create and allocate roles and permissions without difficulty.
Managing your company’s user provisioning and governance is made easier using the following tools.
The Best User Provisioning Tools
For Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, SolarWinds Access Rights Manager provides a straightforward user provisioning solution. A well-known system and network monitoring and management software company developed it. As long as an end-user deactivation request has been made, this may help with account management and user onboarding.
- Managers may add, delete, and amend privileges from a single ARM interface.
- The application can handle other Microsoft networks such as SharePoint, Exchange, and OneDrive.
- Directory and Group Policy setups may be readily analyzed, audited, administered, and monitored.
- Organizational categories, such as folders or groups, may be assigned to data owners.
- ARM offers scheduled and on-demand reports that are fully customizable.
You can try SolarWinds Access Rights Manager through a free and fully functional 30-day trial.
Okta is a safe platform for people and technology to communicate. Using the cloud, Okta allows users to access programs from any device or platform while meeting rigorous security standards. There are over 4,000 applications that may be used with it, in addition to the company’s current databases and identity servers.
- By leveraging email links and Multi-factor Authentication, Okta makes it possible for users to log in without a password.
- More than 120 pre-integrated user profile lifecycle applications are available in this solution.
- It is also possible to use Okta’s single sign-on solution to log in to a range of different ID stores.
- The audit reports produced by this program make it easy to gain a full view of all users.
Web link: https://www.okta.com/
3. Oracle’s Identity Management
Using Oracle Identity Management, organizations can manage user identities from beginning to end. Working with corporate resources within and outside of the firewall is a breeze. Access control and file transfers are also taken care of by this system.
- It is flexible enough to manage a company’s IT resources with numerous levels of access rights.
- Automated identity-based constraints allow managers to swiftly create responsibilities, as well as monitor them.
- It helps in the management of strong passwords.
- As a result, it may be used in the cloud, on-premises, and hybrid environments.
- Oracle Identity Cloud Service, a cutting-edge, fully integrated service that covers all core identity and access management features, is also available to users.
It’s possible to access any material, from any platform, from any place, using Jumpcloud. It is the mission of JumpCloud to make work easier by providing secure, easy-to-use access to corporate IT resources. IT, threat detection, and DevOps can manage and maintain employee IDs from a single, cloud-based platform.
- An entirely online platform.
- It enables single sign-on (SSO) and lifecycle management for users.
- Allows secure cloud-based network authentication.
- Provides safe authentication for both apps and servers.
Web link: https://jumpcloud.com/
An end-to-end identity management system, Omada delivers essential identity governance capabilities for secure, legal, and efficient administration on-premises. Omada. The end-to-end IAM system allows companies to manage and govern all forms of identification, as well as access to all resources.
- Provides up-to-date administration and management of individual identities
- It allows for more company flexibility while controlling access to critical information.
- Hybrid identities may be managed across several platforms using this software.
- Using corporate data to determine whether access should be granted is encouraged.
- With a single click, assists in remedial actions in light of significant discoveries
Identity management and governance, as well as risk assessment and verification, are all included in BroadCom. During the access provisioning process, it delivers real-time remedial operations. It also provides a broad variety of on-premise and cloud-based application deployment options.
- It Provides complete identity management solutions, as well as governance features.
- Additionally, during provisioning, it helps with real-time remedial activities.
- Provisioning options for cloud apps are supported in a variety of ways.
- Simplifies the management of your company’s identification across all of its networks.
7. PingIdentity PingOne
As a cloud platform, PingIdentity works well with a broad variety of security software as well as the most widely used commercial and productivity apps available right now. Using the mobile app, supervisors may quickly and simply issue mobile SSO.
- It Provides AD with Identity as a Service (IDaaS).
- To replace or coexist with existing systems, this solution offers both unique migration tools and integration possibilities.
- There is an easy-to-use but powerful control panel included with it.
- In addition, its mobile app is a great way to link people to apps and gadgets.
It is possible to manage your company’s finances, benefits, and hiring from a single platform with Rippling. When it comes to integrating and automating all of your human resources systems and data, it’s an essential tool.
- It Facilitates IT and HR tasks
- Automates all of your devices’ processes
- To ensure that users’ devices are connected to their accounts, it employs adaptive authentication.
- User provisioning and governance may be delegated to administrators.
Web link: https://www.rippling.com/
9. Fastpath Assure
With Fastpath Assure, you can monitor, analyze, approve, and mitigate access hazards across several platforms using a cloud-based audit tool. It comes pre-configured with a rule set for work division specific to each ERP. These tools allow Access Client reviews to record sign-offs, run statistics, and report on who has authority over what.
- Incorporate a policy-based approach to managing access credentials and changing access requirements.
- On-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment, a flexible platform makes it easy to implement.
- Maintaining compliance and minimizing regulatory risk is easier with an auditable record.
- Audit timescales may be reduced by automating the generation of reports in a couple of minutes.
10. SailPoint Identity Platform
The dashboard of the SailPoint Identity Platform is packed with information. Using big data and machine learning (ML) technologies, the SailPoint Identity Platform is a cloud-based user provisioning solution that allows for an AI-driven approach to identity governance A robust user provisioning tool with capabilities like autonomous risk identification and mitigation, novel process orchestration, and minimal or no-code extensibility that can be used on any cloud architecture without depleting local resources is the result of this application of modern technology.
- To assure compliance at all times, this technology provides comprehensive lifecycle management of user access that is recorded in real-time and is tightly enforced.
- When it comes to cloud governance, it’s a versatile solution that enables the discovery, protection, and security of both organized and unstructured data.
- Managing passwords for the whole company is a breeze with this tool. A Zero Trust security strategy is enforced by the company to guarantee that risks are reduced if not removed, especially when it comes to SaaS subscriptions.
- To top it all off, the SailPoint Identity Platform employs machine learning to learn about the identity requirements of the host company and then adapts to meet those requirements.
- Doing real-time analysis and then providing suggestions based on the findings also helps with daily security. Then there’s the compliance reporting to make sure that the company satisfies all of its security certifications.
Web link: https://www.sailpoint.com/platform/
It is possible to automate the process of setting up and managing user accounts across a company’s many applications and systems by using user provisioning software. You can choose User provisioning that can be adapted to your company’s specific needs.