The majority of businesses are now shifting to digital platforms to take advantage of technological advancements and expand their reach and efficiency. Enterprises can manage and grow their businesses more effectively thanks to the cloud’s ability to interact with numerous networks regularly. But several cloud-based cybersecurity issues need a cloud-based system to be safe.
There are now Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) tools available on the market for identifying compliance issues in the cloud architecture. CSPM products, their features, relevance, and considerations for purchasing IT security technologies for the enterprise will be discussed here. The top CSPM tools on the market have also been selected for your company’s benefit.
Here is our list of the best CSPM tools:
- Cyscale EDITOR’S CHOICE This package provides a full Cloud-native Application Protection Platform that delivers a CSPM and a CWPP together with container and Kubernetes security, IAM auditing, and compliance management. Access a 14-day free trial.
- PingSafe (GET DEMO) A Cloud-native Application Protection Platform that provides CSPM and CWPP through vulnerability scanning and also scans containers, Kubernetes, and Infrastructure-as-Code for security weaknesses. Access a free demo.
- CrowdStrike Falcon Cloud Security This CNAPP includes a CSPM module and Cloud Workload Protection together with container security and a Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM) unit for access controls.
- Datadog Cloud Security This cloud-based system provides options for cloud security posture management and cloud workload protection.
- Check Point Cloud Security Posture Management This service is part of a platform of cloud security tools that automate protection for all types of cloud assets and enforces security best practices.
- Lacework This CNAPP service includes a CSPM, a CWPP, container and Kubernetes security, and a CIEM.
- Fugue Now part of the Synk Developer Cloud Security platform, this service provides ongoing protection and verification for live applications.
- F5 Distributed Cloud App Infrastructure Protection This extensive cloud asset protection platform provides CSPM through vulnerability scanning for cloud management consoles, hosts, containers, Kubernetes, and applications.
- Trend Micro Hybrid Cloud Security This package integrates with other Trend Micros security products in the Cloud One family to provide a suite of protection measures for DevOps systems.
- BMC Helix Cloud Security This platform provides CSPM configuration tests and automated remediation for discovered weaknesses with compliance built in.
What is Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM)?
CSPM tools enable enterprises to identify and remediate security compliance issues via automated monitoring and assessments. They keep an eye out for both incorrectly implemented rules and incorrectly configured cloud apps, containers, infrastructure, and services. Anomalies and misconfigurations may be automatically fixed by CSPM tools, which are triggered by administrator-defined rules.
Security Posture Monitoring is the only tool that provides continuous monitoring and visibility of security posture across heterogeneous computing environments while providing automated detection and remediation of issues. CSPM tools are the only ones that can provide this level of automation across a wide range of platforms.
Why do we need Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM)?
With the help of CSPM, one may protect the cloud environment and limit the risk of data breaches in a cloud environment.
Every day, a cloud makes connections to a variety of different networks. Cyberattacks are more likely as a result of this. As a result, cloud-based systems should be protected and secured by CSPM tools. Multi-cloud visibility is made possible by security technologies, which shield data from unintentional vulnerability or setup errors. It is also possible to scan and analyze the surroundings in real-time and find concealed risks. In addition, it reduces false positives, i.e., artificial intelligence’s alert fatigue.
Things to remember before choosing Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM)
A CSPM tool must be chosen based on several factors. Look at that!
- The company’s demand Evaluate your needs in light of the company’s priorities and identify the most pressing issues. Don’t rush into investing in new technology without thoroughly considering the security risks of your firm and the cloud environment. Go over a variety of options before deciding on the best one for your organization.
- Check out the Extraordinary Features Advanced features such as monitoring capabilities and automatic setups must be taken into account when selecting a solution for your firm.
- Price Information Keep in mind your spending limit at all times. Online, you’ll find a wide range of tools with a wide range of functions for a low price. An investment in an affordable tool with similar features is preferable to an investment in an expensive tool with the same features. Don’t rush into deciding before you’ve looked at the plans and price of all the options.
- Access to the Free Trial Session Many tools offer free trial features that include all of the resources needed to begin the task. It’s best to look for these tools and see if the members of the team think they’re adequate before starting the procedure. It can also help you evaluate the tool and switch if necessary.
The Best CSPM Tools
The following are some of the most common CSPM tools, which may be used by both small and large enterprises.
Delivered as a cloud platform, the Cyscale SaaS package provides cloud asset discovery, security scanning, sensitive data protection, compliance management, and cloud value assessments. This system is very easy to set up because it provides its own foundation date through a cloud scan, which results in the production of an application dependency map, called the Security Knowledge Graph.
- Identifies all cloud subscriptions and assesses their utilization
- Scans virtualizations, serverless systems, databases, compute accounts, and all types of storage
- Crosses AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Alibaba cloud
- Provides assessments of security weaknesses
- Discovered data stores and recommends protection measures
- Provides templates for applying stronger configurations
- Compliance enforcement and reporting
- Adaptable to CI/CD pipeline continuous testing
The Cyscale platform helps you cut costs, perform security checks on cloud assets, create a full security policy, and impose controls on access to PII for standards compliance. Register for a 14-day free trial.
Cyscale is our top pick for a cloud security posture management (CSPM) tool because it Scans all of your cloud accounts, drills through your Web applications, and discovers all services and sub-processes, including microservices running on serverless systems and functions provided by third-party APIs. The tool will assess the configurations and security of your own assets plus the third-party system that you rely on. It provides you with solutions to improve security and out-of-the-box enforcement monitoring through a library of more than 500 templates. Cyscale provides enforcement and reporting to ensure compliance with GDPR, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, and NIST.
Official Site: https://cyscale.com/free-trial/
PingSafe is an all-in-one cloud security package that includes a vulnerability manager for both CSPM and CWP. This service will scan containers and Kubernetes as well as cloud accounts that deliver compute services and storage space.
- Provides vulnerability scanning for all types of cloud systems
- Code scanning for development
- Assessments of Infrastructure-as-Code
- Content Disarm and Reconstruction to strip out malicious code
- A database of 1,400 vulnerabilities
- Guidance for manual vulnerability resolution
- Options for automated remediation
The PingSafe service is suitable for any type of business. The tool sets itself up by scanning your cloud accounts and assembling an inventory. You can register for a free demo.
3. CrowdStrike Falcon Security
CrowdStrike Cloud Security is a package of security tools that includes a CSPM. This platform is able to manage hybrid systems, extending protection to on-premises systems as well. The CSPM will assess multiple cloud platforms simultaneously and consolidate scanning across service accounts.
- Constant and intelligent monitoring of cloud resources to uncover errors and dangers before they become an issue.
- Secure cloud application deployment with greater speed and efficiency.
- Unified visibility and control across many cloud environments.
- Security problems are handled in a step-by-step manner.
- For developers, guardrails are a way to keep them from making expensive errors.
- Targeted threat detection is designed to minimize alarm fatigue.
- The integration with SIEM solutions is seamless.
The facts and insights you get about your overall security posture are complemented by suggestions on how to prevent future security concerns.
4. Datadog Cloud Security
Datadog Cloud Security Management is a cloud platform that is divided into two modules: the Cloud Security Posture Management service and the Cloud Workload Security system. The CSPM checks on system configurations and corrects settings that create security weaknesses.
- Scans IaaS and PaaS
- Secures compute engines and storage accounts
- Checks the settings of applications
- Tracks API call rates for service account limits
- Misconfiguration alerts
- Security scores and compliance management
- Risk assessments and vulnerability prioritization
The Datadog platform includes many IT monitoring and management tools and the Cloud Security systems can be combined with many of those companion modules. For example, the platform offers Cloud SIEM, Application Security Management, and Application Vulnerability Management, which can work together with the CSPM and the CWS services.
The Datadog system is delivered from a cloud platform and you can try any and all of its modules with a 14-day free trial.
5. Check Point CloudGuard Posture Management
API-based agentless SaaS platform Check Point CloudGuard Posture Management optimizes administration across multi-cloud assets as part of the CloudGuard Cloud-Native Security Platform. Misconfiguration detection, security posture assessment, and visualization are some of the services provided, as are the implementation of security best practices and compliance frameworks.
- CloudGuard Posture Management enables users to apply gold standard criteria across projects, accounts, virtual networks, and geographies. Users may view their security posture and target, prioritize, and automatically fix problems.
- CloudGuard Posture Management ensures that users automatically adhere to regulatory requirements and security best practices. Users are constantly informed of their security and compliance status through comprehensive reporting.
- Privileged identity protection, based on Identity Access Management (IAM) roles and users, allows users to prevent unauthorized access to critical activities. CloudGuard Posture Management conducts frequent audits of IAM users and roles to look for anomalies.
Data-driven cloud security platform Lacework automates cloud security at scale, enabling customers to innovate quickly and safely. Lacework gathers, analyses, and correlates data across an organization’s Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, and GCP systems with pinpoint precision, and then distills it down to a few important security events. Its automatic detection of intrusions, security visibility, one-click investigation, and easy cloud compliance sets Lacework apart from its rivals.
- Lacework alerts enterprises to any changes to rules, roles, or accounts, and notifies them of any new action. It does this by detecting new activity, documenting changes, and alerting users.
- Lacework discovers IAM issues, checks for logging best practices monitors essential account actions such as illegal API requests and maintains safe network setups to ensure that users aren’t missing anything.
- Lacework users may maintain their compliance and security up to date with a daily re-audit. Unusual actions are accounted for in lacework analysis, regardless of whether they are legal or illegal.
Website link: https://www.lacework.com/
Security and compliance platform Fugue safeguards the whole development lifecycle with a uniform policy engine backed by the Open Policy Agent (OPA). Security and cloud engineering teams have greater confidence in cloud security because of Fugue, enabling them to operate more effectively and efficiently. Security checks on CloudFormation, AWS, Kubernetes manifests, and docker files can be performed using Fugue and actionable remedial feedback may be sent using developer-friendly interfaces.
- Open-source policy engine Fugue enables organizations to implement compliance and security policies across the software development lifecycle.
- Fugue’s resource data engine delivers extensive visualization and reporting capabilities by continually capturing snapshots of client cloud settings to record detailed cloud resource configurations, connections, characteristics, and drift.
- Fugue’s Regula policy engine lets clients safeguard their CloudFormation and Terraform IAC at every stage of development and deployment.
Website link: https://www.fugue.co/
8. F5 Distributed Cloud App Infrastructure Protection
At the beginning of 2023, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform was bought by F5 and integrated into the F5 Distributed Cloud system. It is now called F5 Distributed Cloud App Infrastructure Protection (AIP). Although the service has been added to the F5 Distributed Cloud brand, it focuses on monitoring services hosted on premises and on the AWS platform.
- Implements CSPM through vulnerability scanning, identifying misconfigurations in services and applications.
- Integrates with the F5 Distributed Cloud Web App and API Protection (WAAP) package to provide full security for all cloud assets.
- Provides threat remediation guidance across the AIP and WAAP spheres.
- Scanning covering AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes, Windows servers, and Linux hosts.
- Provides file integrity monitoring.
9. Trend Micro Hybrid Cloud Security Solution
Security for cloud architects is the focus of the Trend Micro Hybrid Cloud Security Solution. With this solution, customers can easily protect their cloud infrastructure with a single, integrated platform. Because of the cloud’s security, clients may take advantage of its advantages and efficiency. It’s not only cloud platforms that Trend Micro Hybrid supports, but also DevOps processes and toolchains.
- While covering the network layer, Trend Micro Hybrid Cloud automates the detection and protection of cloud environments and provides easy and scalable cloud security throughout migration and growth.
- Security for your cloud services is made easier with Trend Micro Cloud One’s application-aware protection that keeps up with the latest development methodologies and technologies.
10. BMC Helix Cloud Security
Using BMC Helix Cloud Security, services like Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as Service (PaaS) can be set up securely and consistently, with an audit trail, without the need for any scripting. Improved control and reduced risk are achieved by integrating compliance and security testing into the service delivery and cloud operations of BMC Helix Cloud Security.
- BMC Helix Cloud Security simplifies the administration of cloud security posture for customers that utilize Center for Internet Security (CIS) rules for cloud assets.
- The software’s self-driving remediation, automated remediation through an intuitive user interface, and customized remediation assistance all simplify the repair process for end-users.
- CIS, GDPR, and PCI are just a few of the regulations that BMC Helix Cloud Security adheres to. BMC Helix also supports the creation of custom policies.
CSPM is a robust set of tools for securing your cloud data and identifying and resolving problems in various cloud infrastructures due to incorrect configuration. As more and more individuals migrate to the cloud, the need for effective security technologies has grown.
This is where CSPM tools are put to use. Compliant risk detection, risk visualization, and risk assessment capabilities are all provided by these software applications. In addition, they provide alert systems that keep cloud customers up to date on attacks and other security concerns they may be exposed to. With these tools, administrators can execute instance scanning for misconfigurations, maintain consistency across all cloud environments, monitor storage buckets, and conduct risk assessments. CrowdStrike Horizon, a famous and highly regarded CSPM tool, has also been featured in this blog post, which can be quite valuable for cloud security. CSPM tools allow you to see and secure your whole cloud infrastructure. You can choose from a large variety of security products and compare their characteristics before making a decision.