One of the most valuable things a company has is its data. When information is lost or corrupted, it has a devastating effect on the whole process. That data is the single thing that should never be messed with in an organization as shown by this example. Backup as a Service, on the other hand, is one option for safeguarding your data (BaaS). Let’s go into the nitty-gritty of this program.
Here is our list of the best Backup as a Service (BaaS) Tools:
- Vembu Cloud BDR Suite (FREE TRIAL) A SaaS platform that offers specialized editions for specific resource types, such as servers, applications, and cloud productivity suites. Start a 30-day free trial.
- NinjaOne Backup Offers a range of backup strategies from a cloud platform that is structured for use by MSPs and includes storage for repositories.
- N-able Cove Data Protection Provides protection service for servers, workstations, crucial business documentation, and Microsoft 365.
- Ottomatik.io A cloud storage that stores backup either on the hoster storage platform or your amazon s3 account.
- Nextiva Secures your business and you acquire continuous data backup and Cloud storage.
- BackBlaze Business Backup A relatively reliable and effortless online backup service for your business.
- CrashPlan Pro Makes you feel confident about your business information being backed up safely because of unlimited storage.
- iDrive Effortlessly restores the files even if they are lost.
- Carbonite Computer Backup Offers services that keep your data protected with the help of the Cloud.
- SOS Online Backup for Business You can back up all the files you have in your business.
What is Backup as a Service?
Backup as a Service has numerous names, including Online Backup Service and Cloud Backup. It is the process of routinely backing up offsite data, such as files, folders, or complete hard disc copies, to a distant secure cloud-based data repository over a network connection. For actions taking place on the servers, BaaS suppliers give pre-written software. User authentication, database administration, push alerts, remote updating, cloud storage, and hosting are examples of these operations.
Its goal is to safeguard both commercial and personal data against loss caused by human mistakes, hackers, or other technical calamities. With a centralized or on-premises IT staff, BaaS does not conduct backups. Instead, they frequently link their system to a private, public, or hybrid cloud that is normally maintained by a third party.
How does Backup as a Service Work?
The Backup as a Service function is as follows:
You must first buy and register the program, after which you must choose which services you wish to backup. If you want to backup data from Microsoft Office 365, for example, you must use SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, or Onedrive for Business. Following the choosing procedure, you will see that data changes, such as adding new data to the service, are immediately and quickly backed up.
What Is the Importance of Backup as a Service?
Data is constantly growing; thus, it is critical to preserve it against loss. By 2025, it is expected that 463 exabytes of data would be generated per day. As a result, consumers demand proper data access within a certain term. Furthermore, a solid backup strategy allows them to back up and recover their data, safeguarding it from loss.
A BaaS solution reduces administrative expenses and time wasted since you don’t have to manage or maintain the backup infrastructure. People also saw a 400 percent rise in data theft and deletion by fraudsters during the epidemic. Furthermore, it is estimated that internal users are responsible for roughly 63 % of successful assaults. It had a significant financial effect on the company for months.
As a result, organizations of all sizes should be well-prepared for data loss or outrages. Many firms have avoided losing critical data, prolonged interruptions, and terrible recovery periods by enabling a BaaS in their system. When it comes to smooth and quick working circumstances, it is the greatest alternative.
Backup as a Service’s Benefits
The key drivers of corporate development are digital data and apps. To secure this data from the disastrous effects of criminal data theft or careless data loss, the BaaS approach must be implemented. As a result, you tend to reap various advantages, including:
- Convenience The BaaS solution is convenient. Because the response is automated, the data is automatically stored as it comes in. The data does not need to be manually stored, labeled, or tracked. As a result, you may focus on your job without worrying about data loss.
- Affordability Safe discs, tapes, and other hardware and software aspects necessary for backup are more costly than BaaS. Backup media, moving backup media to a distant site, and IT manpower are all required for administering and troubleshooting backup systems.
- Recovers Effortlessly You can easily find material that has been lost or erased due to many degrees of redundancy. Using the phrase several redundancies, we indicate keeping multiple copies of data in different locations. You should be aware that the more layers you keep, the better, since each level protects your data from loss. As a result, if data is ever lost, you can easily access a backup version.
- Safety BaaS protects your data from hazards like hacking, natural catastrophes, and human error. Because this data is encrypted, the chance of your data being compromised is reduced.
Data is considered one of the greatest assets of any business. When data is misplaced or disappears from the system, it can grind business to a standstill. However, one way to secure your data includes Backup as a Service (BaaS). Let’s talk about this software in detail.
Τhe Βest Backup as a Service (BaaS) Tools
Vembu Cloud BDR Suite is a SaaS platform that hosts a range of seven backup and recovery products. Each of these editions covers a different type of resource. These systems protect AWS, Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Windows Server, Windows PCs, Macs, Linux servers, and applications, such as databases.
The backup service focuses on protecting data files and it can also generate files of data from other structures, such as databases. Files are stored in the cloud storage space that is included with the BDR Suite plan.
- File compression and encryption
- Database backups with table-level or full instance recovery
- Free backup for up to 10 AWS EC2 instances
All of the editions except for the AWS EC2 backup service include storage space on Vumbu Cloud there is also an on-premises version of the BDR Suite available for installation on Windows Server and Linux. Start a 30-day free trial.
2. NinjaOne Backup
NinjaOne Backup is delivered from a cloud platform that offers a range of service desk systems. The location of the host means that this BaS system is not bound by a network and can be used to backup devices anywhere in the world. You can centralize the management of multiple sites in one account and also include the devices of work-from-home employees. The platform is built on a multi-tenanted architecture, so managed services can keep the data for different clients separate from sub-accounts.
- Multiple locations are covered with one account through multi-tenant features.
- Implements a backup mechanism with many layers.
- User portal for on-demand recovery.
The Backup plans for NinjaOne include storage space. However, this is not your only option for repository location. Back up locally, or on a remote site as well as on the NinjaOne cloud to provide convenience and speedy recovery as well as extra security.
3. N-able Cove Data Protection
Servers, workstations, critical corporate paperwork, and Microsoft 365 are all protected with N-able Cove Data Protection. All of these services are controlled via a single web-based interface. Because the backup is for the cloud, it maximizes data transfer speed and efficiency while lowering network bandwidth utilization. They also have storage in their own cloud, as well as 17 data centers throughout the globe.
Customers of N-able Cove Data Protection get access to the following features:
- For starters, it tends to safeguard data regardless of its location.
- Second, it lowers human error and boosts productivity.
- Finally, it can defeat ransomware by using direct-to-cloud backups.
- It provides higher-quality services.
N-able offers a broad range of recovery possibilities from a single backup since it is all about recovery. Bare metal restorations, physical-to-virtual recovery, continuous recovery, and recovery to other locations or Azure are all included.
Ottomatik.io is a cloud storage service that saves backups to your hoster storage platform or your Amazon S3 account. It allows you to conduct repeating tasks according to your schedule. The platform is somewhat safe since it uses Public Key Authentication and SSL encrypted network connections to encrypt critical data.
- It saves you time by delivering database protection in only two minutes.
- It safeguards your database at all times.
- It heals quickly and prevents calamities from occurring.
- You may interconnect your storage servers, which will store your backup data.
Based on operations done through the battle-tested SSH protocol, you may add an infinite number of servers to your account. Furthermore, its powerful but simple search tools make it simple to locate a certain career history. Furthermore, you may establish separate logins for each member of your team. Finally, it provides real-time and summary alerts for successful and unsuccessful tasks, which you may customize.
When you use Ottomatik.io’s Webhooks, you may link your current system and improve your work status.
Your company is safe with Nextiva, and you get continuous data backup and Cloud storage. It is both economical and effective, and it allows you to carry your company with you wherever you go without having to worry about leaving anything behind.
- It syncs files quickly.
- It is secured using 128-bit SSL encryption.
- It’s unnecessary.
- It uses a simple URL to distribute information.
- It allows for team cooperation.
- You may access your data from anywhere in the globe, and the data is safely sent.
When everything is kept on the Nextiva Cloud, location is irrelevant. You can take your data with you everywhere you go and have backups taken automatically from your devices. Your company data files are likewise encrypted and securely sent to the cloud using the program. On encrypted services, data centers often employ mirrored devices, making you feel peaceful and relaxed.
6. Business Backup with BackBlaze
BackBlaze Business Backup is a simple and dependable internet backup solution for your company. It can back up all of your important data and keep it secure on both your desktop and laptop. It completely repairs and rolls back your hard drive. It usually sends a hard disc containing encrypted company data. It also provides a 30-day rewind for clients to confirm that their computers are well-protected.
- This gadget has an infinite storage capacity.
- It threads and throttles data automatically.
- It gives you a 30-day history of rollbacks.
- It is run from a central location.
- It uses email to recover data.
- It has a quick response time
7. CrashPlan Pro
Because of the limitless storage provided by CrashPlan Pro, you can be certain that your company data is securely backed up. As a consequence, you choose to work with a solution that allows you to easily scale your company’s growth. This data security system is always ready to defend your information from any sort of danger. Furthermore, they provide configurable, continuous, and scheduled backups.
- It is a program that provides continuous security.
- It includes limitless storage.
- This gadget allows you to tailor file retention.
- It allows for ransomware recovery.
- It offers protection for external drives.
- It includes intelligent protection, which means it protects the files you’re working on first.
- It enables you to recover data from any machine.
A huge number of files is required for continuous backup. CrashPlan Pro, on the other hand, takes this in mind and deletes earlier file versions automatically as time passes.
When you back up your data to the cloud using iDrive, you can relax knowing that your information is safe. Even if the files are gone, it simply recovers them. It also backs up your data automatically, so you don’t have to continue reminding yourself of this obligation.
- It can backup data from numerous PCs and devices.
- It includes corporate compliance such as private key encryption for HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, and other regulations.
- You may use the mail to merge or exchange data.
- The data is easily synced across desktops, mobile devices, and the internet.
- It allows you to manage your computer from anywhere around the globe.
- It has NAS devices and external hard drives.
- It allows you to open files and backups from network drives.
You are likely to get a one-of-a-kind mix of Cloud Storage and Cloud Backup. Furthermore, as with cloud backup, you receive limitless cloud storage capacity. It boasts unrivaled privacy and security, making it the finest backup solution.
9. Carbonite Backup Core for Computers
Carbonite Computer Backup provides services that use the cloud to keep your data safe. Only after you upload information from up to 25 company PCs to the cloud can you access it. Carbonite logins will be supplied to anybody with authorization to access the device. Only individuals with access to these critical logins will be able to access the information.
- It only allows you to back up to 25 PCs.
- Ransomware recovery is also included.
- It complies with FERPA, HIPAA, and GLPA.
- Carbonite Cloud Deployment is included.
- You may access files from anywhere.
- It features centralized administration and management controls.
10. SOS Business Online Backup
You can back up all of the data in your company using SOS Online Backup. It implies you don’t have to pick and choose which data to use. You may easily use SOS Online Backup for business from any device. It provides a highly secure cloud backup solution with little or no limitations. It safeguards the company and keeps it within reach on the Cloud.
- It supports data backup on practically all devices.
- It is completely safe and confidential.
- It features a Per-Use encryption key as an option.
- The files on this device are never removed.
BaaS allows you to access your company information from anywhere across the globe with a reliable internet connection. Your private information is always at the tip of your fingers, no matter where you travel. As a result, deciding on a Backup as a Service tool is a serious decision. If you don’t want to put yourself in danger, you should restrict undesired components and persons from accessing your data.