AWS ec2 is one of the most stable and secure cloud services available, and it is also infinitely expandable. However, just like any other data repository, regular backups are a must. No matter how quick a solution appears, it may always be lost, whether by mistake or purposeful assault. You may store all of your backup data on AWS ec2 due to its ability to scale.
Third-party backup tools are necessary regardless of whether you’re backing up data to an AWS ec2 instance or whether you’re backing up data that’s already in an AWS ec2 instance. As a result, we have compiled a list of the seven top AWS ec2 backup options for your convenience.
Here’s our list of the best AWS ec2 backup tools you can use across your AWS environment:
- Ottomatik.io Makes it easy to back up and restore your files and databases regularly and off-site.
- N-able If you want to secure your data with smart backup and quick recovery, this is the program for you.
- Veeam Backup Provides completely automated, native AWS backup and disaster recovery to easily manage and preserve data stored on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Relational Database Services (Amazon RDS).
- Backup MSP360 A top cloud backup and disaster recovery solution that works across platforms. It works with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure, among other public cloud services.
- Acronis Backup With unique security features, it raises the standard for next-generation data protection. It safeguards all business data sources across 20+ platforms, regardless of their size or location.
- Veritas Internet Backup For the last several years has been made simple for businesses to migrate to AWS and maintain their data. The trip to the cloud has become much more accessible with the introduction of NetBackup 8.2.
- Backup by Unitrends The only unified business continuity and catastrophe recovery platform in the world. Unitrends Backup safeguards your physical and virtual infrastructure, extending protection from on-premises to off-premises or cloud settings.
Using AWS Eec2 as a backup destination
Some of the tools on this list provide you the option of backing up to an Amazon AWS ec2 instance. Configuring the AWS ec2 instance to accept the data is all that’s required. These options are suitable if your data has to be stored somewhere else – most likely on-premises – and you need a scalable cloud backup location. The speed with which these solutions can backup and restore your data, as well as the particular features that come standard, are the products’ main selling points.
AWS ec2 instances
Other solutions on this list take a different approach, allowing you to back up your cloud instances directly using AWS ec2. While AWS integration is generally emphasized as a key feature, virtually all of these solutions can also utilize AWS ec2 as a backup destination, allowing you to check both boxes if desired.
The Best AWS ec2 Backup Tools
Ottomatik.io is ONE of the best solutions for you if you detest dealing with backups due to AWS S3, IAM regulations/rules, or bucket restrictions. Ottomatik.io makes it easy to back up and restore your files and databases regularly and off-site. The program encrypts all behind-the-scenes storage configuration information for Ottomatik’s hosted storage. You may also use your S3/Google Drive/Dropbox account to back up your data and have total control over it.
- MySQL full backup and restore The MySQL backup and restore tool enables you to generate a periodic complete backup of your MySQL database on your schedule, with a variety of choices for how to do it. There is also a zero-downtime option, which is useful if your website is particularly busy.
- Restore with a single click With a simple click, you may restore your backup to any server linked with your Ottomatik.io account. You may even turn your server into a development/staging environment.
- Backing up the directory and files Backing up files and directories is one of the most important aspects of backup operations. However, with restrictions surrounding which files you back up and which you don’t, this basic operation may become extremely complicated. File and directory capabilities in Ottomatik.io include basic paths that may be included and omitted, as well as utilized in additional complex ways.
Ottomatik.io is simple to use, and the backup takes just a few minutes.
Ottomatik.io backup may be done in three easy steps:
- Log into your server through SSH.
- Configure the server with a single command.
- Configure and schedule backup tasks (cron jobs supported).
You’ll get alerts and report summaries of whether a backup succeeds or fails.
Ottomatik.io offers complete security against all types of disasters, including data center fires, dangerous hackers, and poor database queries. Undoing random drop queries and restoring your database when required takes just a few minutes.
Website Link: https://ottomatik.io/
2. N-able Backup
If you want to secure your data with intelligent backup and quick recovery, N-able can help. It’s a hybrid cloud-based backup and recovery technology that works in the background, safely and reliably storing data away from consumer devices. Restoration may also be done for a single file or a whole system.
- Backup multiple devices at almost any level Workstations, servers, and even virtual servers and computers may all have backups configured. You may also create backups for specific files, apps, or the whole system.
- Having the best of both worlds The hybrid cloud architecture combines the speed and control of on-premises backup with the convenience and enhanced redundancy of a cloud-based utility.
- Quick backup The backup time is greatly decreased thanks to TrueDelta technology, which backs up changes rather than whole files, enabling you to back up more regularly.
- Faster recovery After a catastrophe, the hybrid cloud architecture aids speedy recovery by restoring either local or cloud-based copies, whichever is faster.
- Recovery of bare metal Use only a CD-ROM or a bootable USB disc to restore the file to its original state.
- Ultra-secure: To keep data secure on-premises, in the cloud, and during transfers, the backup uses AES 128, AES 256, or 448-bit Blowfish encryption.
N-able Backup starts with a complete backup and then continues with incremental backups. This reduces the amount of network traffic sent to the cloud. Furthermore, since unified deployment, reporting, and administration decrease management and implementation requirements, status information is immediately supplied to you.
N-able Backups makes backup control and management simple by:
- Coordinating the installation of hundreds of devices
- Ensure backups are stable by testing them.
- Monitor backups to verify they are functioning properly.
Website Link: https://www.n-able.com/products/backup
3. Veeam Backup for Amazon Web Services
Veeam Backup provides completely automated, native AWS backup and disaster recovery to easily manage and preserve data stored on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Relational Database Services (Amazon RDS).
- Automates Amazon EBS snapshots for quick restorations and regular backups.
- Protection based on policy.
- Copy the file to Amazon S3 for long-term storage.
- Amazon Marketplace deployment with a simple web-based administration interface.
- Integrated cost estimate improves cost control.
- Various license alternatives are available, including consumption-based, free, and BYOL possibilities.
- Support for IAM role separation, as well as set up across regions and accounts.
- Authentication with many factors for backup administrators
The tool is a cost-effective and secure backup solution that can swiftly recover any cloud data loss situation. This is a great option since it includes a fully functional free version and is AWS native, making it a must-have for anybody operating Amazon EC2 instances.
Veeam Backup for AWS is installed via the AWS marketplace into a specific AWS region, whether it’s the same account for production or a separate account for security purposes. After you’ve installed and configured the tool, you’ll see a dashboard that indicates which resources are being secured. Furthermore, all instances are protected by regulations that allow for better control.
The Veeam Backup utility includes a cost estimate that displays how much it will cost to operate the policy. It also includes the ability to export the file to CSV or XML. Backup, snapshot, transaction, traffic, and total cost are all included in the cost calculator.
A cost calculator is an essential tool that helps customers comprehend the backup policy’s implications.
When it comes to recovering workloads, Veeam Backup for AWS offers three options:
- Overwrite the old instance to restore to the previous location, replacing all data in the current instance.
- Create a new instance to restore to a different location or environment.
- Performing granular file-level restorations allows for file-level recovery. This allows you to restore a single file without having to restore the whole instance, saving time and money.
4. MSP360 Backup
MSP360 is a prominent cloud backup and disaster recovery solution that works across several platforms. It works with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure, among other public cloud services.
- Portal for Management From a single web console, you can monitor and control all backup and restoration jobs, users, endpoints, and storage.
- Contracts are not required There is no need to renew your subscription if you choose an annual or monthly subscription.
- Flexible Licensing and Pricing MSP360’s licensing is pay-as-you-go, with a severe cumulative discount curve.
- Using Your Brand To properly align with your company’s design and brand equity, rebrand and personalize the tool.
- Technical Support is available 24/7/365 The support professionals provide round-the-clock assistance to ensure that all technical difficulties are addressed quickly and effectively.
MSP360 backup includes comprehensive and simple disaster and backup recovery features. It features backups at the file and image level, data compression, virtual machine disaster recovery, and military-grade encryption with customer-controlled keys. MSP360 Backup is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. You have immediate access to the control panel after signing up for MSP360 managed backup. In addition, MSP360 enables the deployment of a Windows Server image from a backup copy as an Amazon EC2 instance, allowing you to quickly get a virtual or physical server up and running in the cloud.
MSP360, from Cloudberry Lab, backs up your data to an Amazon S3 or Amazon Glacier account and allows for fast restoration with just a few clicks. It’s a full-featured backup system that supports numerous backup destinations, both online and offline, and allows users to make copies of local files, Exchange, and MySQL databases.
5. Acronis Backup
With unique security features, Acronis Backup raises the bar for next-generation data protection. It safeguards all company data sources across 20+ platforms, regardless of their size or location.
The program uses AI-based technologies to proactively prevent ransomware attacks, avoiding system outages caused by the bulk of ransomware attacks. Furthermore, Acronis Cyber Backup supports business continuity by preserving all data reliably and instantly.
Acronis Cyber Backup provides a single, straightforward web-based console in 25 languages, as well as comprehensive infrastructure usage analytics and remote control of all backups from any browser on any device, including smartphones and tablets.
- Cloud Storage from Acronis Direct access to safe, remote cloud backup in the Acronis cloud is provided by Acronis Cyber Backup.
- Universal Restore by Acronis With Acronis’ unique system recovery technology, quickly restore backups to any machine, physical, virtual, or cloud, with a few easy clicks.
- Local Web Console and Centralized Cloud With the straightforward and innovative web console, deployed on-premises or immediately available in the Acronis cloud, centrally manage all Hyper-V VM and host backups. It can be accessed on any device. The console minimizes backup time and effort.
- System Efficiency Throttling network and disc writing speeds allow you to manage the impact of backups during production hours.
- Scheduling Backup Operations Backups can be automated using simple or custom schedules to ensure that you meet your RPO goals.
- Various Destinations Backup copies are stored in up to five distinct locations for disaster recovery choices that are both flexible and reliable.
- Replication of Backups The completed backup is duplicated to the secondary storage location automatically.
- Compression Built-in compression cuts network consumption and storage requirements dramatically.
Website Link: https://www.acronis.com/en-sg/lp/cloud/backup
6. NetBackup by Veritas
For the past few years, Veritas has made it simple for customers to migrate to AWS and manage their data. The trip to the cloud has become much more accessible with the release of NetBackup 8.2. With the latest release, Veritas has added support for AWS Identity and Access Management (AWS IAM) roles for the CloudCatalyst deduplication server.
- VMware Recovery without Agents Granular VM data restoration without agents
- Improved Backup to The Cloud AWS Glacier provides faster deduplication and dedupe.
- Backing Up Snapshots Make backup copies of the snapshots that are supported.
- Application-aware snapshots Create Oracle and DB2 application-consistent snapshots.
- Authentication with two factors Access to the NetBackup console is now more secure.
When executing backup operations on the AWS cloud, this has allowed them to use the appropriate level of security access and permissions. Furthermore, AWS IAM role support for NetBackup enables users to deploy NetBackup on AWS while adhering to security best practices and managing their workload in the same manner they do the rest of their workload.
NetBackup has assisted with cost optimization for a long-term data retention solution in addition to security. NetBackup also increases deduplication efficiency by utilizing the Amazon S3 client, which has been tuned by AWS. With enterprise-class scale, performance, and broad workload connections, the NetBackup platform provides unified data protection for any size business.
It’s built to safeguard the enterprise’s most important and heterogeneous environments–virtual, cloud, and physical applications. NetBackup supports practically every enterprise workload, including 100+ operating systems, 65+ apps, 2500+ storage devices, 30+ array snapshot support, and single-click cloud-integrated storage, all from a single console.
Website Link: https://www.veritas.com/solution/amazon-web-services
7. Backup by Unitrends
Unitrends is the only unified business continuity and disaster recovery platform around the globe. Unitrends Backup safeguards your physical and virtual infrastructure, extending protection from on-premises to off-premises or cloud settings. It’s a safe, all-in-one virtual backup program. This comprehensive solution lowers your total cost of ownership while increasing uptime and recovery confidence. Unitrends Backup combines backup, deduplication, replication, archive, and quick recovery into a single solution, saving you money and time.
- Enhanced Backup Confidence Unitrends Backup is a Linux-hardened, purpose-built platform. As a result, it is safe and free of ransomware.
- No Fingers Pointed The Backup application combines software, security monitoring, and cloud storage into one convenient package
- Flexibility Unitrends Backup is a highly optimized, all-in-one virtual appliance that scales up and down with your organization.
- Security Regulations Internal threat monitoring and HIPPA and GDPR management in Unitrends Backup save time and stress.
- Cloud Computing and Disaster Recovery Unitrends data protection appliances and software now have fully integrated cloud backup and DRaaS.
Unitrends Backup can be installed on any virtual platform or in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. For long-term retention, remote backups, and disaster recovery, it connects to the Unitrends Cloud. Unitrends Backup server safeguards physical machines that run non-hypervisor operating systems like Linux or Windows. It protects over 250 operating systems, hypervisors, and applications from virtual and physical attacks. Unitrends Backup also protects NAS devices at the file level in standard editions and above, and with NDMP in Enterprise Plus.
Website Link: https://www.unitrends.com/solutions/aws-backup
A company’s financial situation might be severely harmed by data loss. Furthermore, system downtime can stifle production and impede a company from offering exceptional customer care. As a result, having the appropriate technology is critical. Although Amazon Web Service (AWS) includes numerous features, there is a shared responsibility model for data security. Customers are responsible for data security in AWS, and doing so across numerous accounts can be difficult if you don’t have the correct solution.
Server backup software ensures that data saved or processed on server hardware is preserved in the event of a mechanical failure or user error. Companies use server backup software to avoid data loss in the case of a disaster and to ensure that their corporate data or customer data is available. The finest AWS EC2 Backup tools list can help you get started. Server backup technology interfaces directly with the server and is exclusively responsible for storing data. So, find the backup program that best suits your company’s structure and save data safely.